The following are 31 Rules for Peace presented by Pastor Dave Chanski at the 2014 Trinity Pastor’s Conference:
1. I will aim to never cause or create sinful divisions among God’s people.
2. I will mortify the sins that tend to result in division and disunity.
d. Anger and bitterness
e. Paronoia/assuming evil
I. Inconsistency; carelessness in keeping a clear conscience
j. Jealousy and envy
3. I will be reluctant to believe a negative report about a brother.
4. I will not judge a brother guilty until I know the facts.
5. I will cover as many sins as I can with a blanket of love.
6. I will deal with people with patience and gentleness, including when they have sinned.
7. I will seek to win an offending brother through openly, lovingly and faithfully addressing or confronting him.
8. I will speak to him directly and not take liberty to slander him or gossip about him.
9. I will keep offenses contained as much as possible and for as long as possible.
10. I will enlist the assistance of others when necessary to bring repentance and maintain peace.
11. I will not be a gossip or a talebearer.
12. I will not tolerate talebearers.
13. I will be a good friend.
14. I will be open and honest in my relationships and communications.
15. I will not be a ‘contentious’ person
16. I will not be defensive.
17. I will always speak the truth.
18. I will receive people who come to me with complaints.
19. I will make the reslution of contentions a matter of first importance.
20. I will not be afraid to be a peacemaker.
21. I will take the initiative to keep and make peace.
22. I will make serious efforts to keep and make peace.
23. I will not contend or strive without a cause.
24. I will not return evil for evil.
25. I will not separate myself.
26. I will seek from God the needed wisdom and discernment to know when and how to stand up to defend myself or another, and the love and courage to do it-with the grace to do it righteously.
27. If I have become involved in a dispute, I will seek wisdom from God to know how and when to end it.
28. I will follow through to real resolution, if it is possible.
29. I will not direct, oversee, advise or assist in planting churches if it will in any way be construed as divisive by like-minded churches in the area.
30. I will pray for peace.
31. I will be patient and content.